Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

Okay, folks, this is where I start working on this blog thing seriously. My reading new years resolutions:

1. Read more books, less blogs and computer ephemera

2. Review all books read here.

3. Build ties to the book blogging community where I've been a passive viewer for so long.

4. Participate in some reading challenges.

5. Come up with some theme days for weekly blog posts. Under consideration: a day to look back at old favorites, a day for simple lists, maybe down the road doing interviews with authors or other people involved in book publishing.

6. Use this blog to get the word out about less well known authors, especially indie authors whose work I like.

7. Write a reviews policy for that hoped-for time when people will be approaching me to review their books.

8. Read one canonical classic a month, 12 for the year total. Undisputed Great Works such as Hawthorne, Dickens, Austen, etc.

9. Read one work of non-fiction a month, 12 for the year total.

10. Read one work per month recommended by another blogger/reviewer, that I otherwise would not have considered or known about, 12 for the year total.

No comments:

Post a Comment