Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gil's All Fright Diner




Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez
Tor Books, 2005, 268 pages
$14.99 trade paperback; $7.99 mass market and Kindle e-book editions

I loved this book, laughed my way through it. With a zombie-addled diner, a couple of grumpy rednecks who also happen to be a vampire and werewolf, a touching romance with a ghost, a teenager determined to raise the Old Gods and bring about the end of the world and even a ghostly dog, what more could anyone want? It was like Christopher Moore meets Jeff Foxworthy, or a bit like Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens
with a Texas twang. I would love to see this book as a movie, preferably one with Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi involved.

I recommend this book for: anyone wanting a fast and funny sci-fi read!

Hi FTC: I bought this book for myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment